HI HEY WOW
I may have forgotten this blog exists.
BUT we had a huge influx of new followers it seems! SOOOooo, I shall try to post some stuff I suppose? Yeah okay I will get on that. Please bug me at my main blog’s ask to get some done! I would appreciate it.
SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT YOU, I LOVE YOU
I want EA Sports’ Grand Slam Tennis 2 simply to create every ETA character and have them play in tournaments against each other.
Wouldn’t creating the Vaught twins be a bit difficult? That issue aside, your plan sounds like it would be pretty fun to carry out.
We have a glorious new icon.
And more Little IJ Things are on the way.
We apologize for the hiatus. (
I forgot I had this blog.)
innuen2-deactivated20130328 asked: GOD BLESS THIS BLOG
Thank you, dear reader.
plsglee asked: My literature teacher just recommended Infinite Jest, so I went straight out and got it! Any suggestions before I really dive into it?
(I’m going to publish this—hope it’s alright with the readers and the other mod—because this is a scary book and if at least one person finds the courage to read IJ after reading these suggestions, then I’ve done my job.)
- Use two bookmarks; one for footnotes and one for the main text.
- Read all of the footnotes. Some are absolutely meaningless and you can almost hear David Foster Wallace laughing at you for flipping three hundred pages forward to read a footnote that says “Or something.”, but other times, they’re vital to the story.
- You’ll want to keep a dictionary, be it physical or digital, within reach. Some of the words you will encounter aren’t actually real words, but may be very close to real words. This is just part of the fun! (Bonus points if you use the Oxford English Dictionary. This should be mildly funny if you’ve read IJ before.)
- People will ask you “oh, what’s it about?” and you probably won’t have an answer to that. It’s okay. Nine hundred pages in and I still didn’t have an answer, or at least not one that was less than nine hundred pages long.
- Don’t give up out of boredom before page 250. Most people who quit out of “I don’t like this very much”-ness never hit that sweet spot.
- Around there, things do start to make sense. Kind of. You’ll see. Lots of little “surprises” start showing up and these surprises only get better as you get further into it.
- If nothing makes sense at first (or granted, even in the last dozen pages), that’s the intended effect. There are some things that truly do not have an answer or definite solution.
- Just try to enjoy it, really!
Most of all, good luck!
“Mary had a little lamb, its fleece electrostatic,
And everywhere that Mary went, the lights became erratic.”
(AAAAAAND WE’RE BACK)
23. In the Zone
24. Pemulis’ TP
So! Why don’t we update any more, you ask? Well, being 50% of your administrators, I can help answer that question.
Fucking finals, man.
I’ll get back on the LittleIJThings wagon as soon as possible, okay? Okay.
PLEASE submit ideas if you have them and I’ll get them up! Keep us aliiiive.
PS. NOW YOU KNOW MY SECRET IDENTITY. OH NO.
Little Infinite Jest Things #22: